For many dog owners, purchasing a new bed for their pets is often a process done without much thought. In most cases, the only factor taken into consideration is the size of the dog and not anything else. However, this is not something that you should actually be doing, if you are a dog owner/lover yourself. You should know that the best products are often those labeled as “orthopedic dog beds”.
Why Orthopedic Beds?
For you to realize the value of investing in one of the >best rated orthopedic dog beds, read on to find out just a few of the significant health benefits they have:
- Optimal Support. Orthopedic memory foam-equipped dog beds offer great support, and work similarly to how memory foam mattresses for humans do. These products provide better whole-body support, with the best ones having fewer pressure points. With less pressure points in the bed, your beloved pet is going to have more comfort-filled nights.
- Pain Relieving. If your dog is hurting due to an ailment, you can depend on a top notch orthopedic bed to provide a much-needed relief from pain.
- Ideal for Arthritis-Ridden Dogs. If your canine friend is of a much bigger breed, he/she has a higher risk of developing arthritis with age. You can help prevent such a painful disorder by buying one of the high quality orthopedic dog beds for large dogs available today. There are also options for extra large orthopedic dog beds in the market.
One very important thing you need to remember, though, is that, not all dog beds with the description “orthopedic” attached to it is already suitable for your canine pal. So how do you go about making a selection then? One of the most effective methods is to read as many factual and unbiased orthopedic dog beds reviews as you can. And to make things even easier for you, below is a compilation of three of the top orthopedic dog beds on sale, plus details on how they stack up against each other.
- SnoozezyTM Orthopaedic Elevated Dog Bed
This product from Snoozezy is one of the most highly rated orthopedic dog beds in the market, with many consumers being happy with its durability yet lightweight design. Its contoured shape creates a “nesting” feel, while the flex increases its cushioning component, therefore considerably reducing the pressure applied on your pet’s joints. It is ideal for both indoor and outdoor use. The bed’s fabric is also mould- and mildew-resistant, a feature that helps reduce the risks of bacterial and insect infestation.
- Elevated to keep pets off of the ground while promoting better air circulation.
- Assembly and disassembly is fast and easy.
- Easy to clean – cover is machine washable.
- One of the best orthopedic dog beds for large dogs, as it can comfortably accommodate weights of up to 60 kg.
How It Stacks Up With the Rest.
- Elevated component of this dog bed gives it an advantage over the others, as most competitors are directly placed on the ground. This feature does not only help promote better air circulation; it also keeps pets warmer during the cold season and cooler during the hot summer time.
- Ease of assembly and disassembly allows for portability, which means you can bring it with you during travels.
- It is highly recommended by vets from all over Europe, with most of them using the product in their own clinics.
- Cordura Soft Warm Dog/Puppy/Pet Bed
This Cordura offering deserves a spot on this list of highly recommended orthopedic dog beds for quite a few good reasons. Pet owners who have given this product a shot are raving about it being one of the most well-made large orthopedic dog beds for its price. Much thanks to its strong polyester silicone fibre filling, it is quite exceptional in the anti-allergy department. It is also highly resistant to shrinking, abrasions, and wrinkles.
- Resistant to water, dirt, and scratches.
- Made from high-tenacity fibre technologies, resulting in a very durable, long lasting product.
- Helps reduce muscle aches and joint pains.
- Promotes optimal circulation to keep pets warm during the cold season, and cool during hotter days.
How It Stacks Up With the Rest
- Fabric is made by Cordura, a brand well-known around the world for its durable, reliable, and versatile products.
- Aside from offering orthopedic dog beds for large dogs, there are also XL, XXL, and XXXL options.
- Is available in more than 10 different styles, designs, and colours.
- Karlie Ortho Bed Oval Lying Mattress
Another highly ranking product, the German-made Karlie Ortho Bed Oval Lying Mattress is a top option for those specifically searching for orthopedic dog beds memory foam-equipped products. The highly innovative Orthopaedic Memory Form material helps ensure the highest level of lying comfort, as it effectively releases pressure while adapting to your pet’s body built and temperature.
- Made with Orthopaedic Memory Form, a high-tech material that has shown successful results with human use in terms of relieving pain and pressure, thus; giving utmost lying comfort.
- Durable memory foam resists creases and wrinkles; goes back to its original form without added assistance.
- Cover comes with two zip fasteners, making it easy to remove and wash.
- Removable blanket that is also machine-washable
How It Stacks Up With the Rest
- Ideal for picky pets, thanks to its memory foam technology that gives the highest possible level of comfort.
- Use of Orthopadeic Memory Form is unique to this product.
- Excellent choice for pet owners who have dogs recovering from illnesses, injuries, and surgeries
While you may have plenty of other options when it comes to orthopedic dog beds, the three discussed above are those that have received some of the greatest numbers in terms of positive customer reviews. So before you shell out money on the first dog bed you see, make sure that you take a closer look at these three first, as they definitely are some of the best orthopedic dog beds you will find today.